Trump takes credit for Iran prisoner release

Republican primary front-runner Donald Trump on Saturday said his rhetoric condemning the Iranian regime played an integral part in securing the release of four U.S. prisoners.

“So I’ve been hitting them hard, and I think I might have had something to do with it,” Trump said at the South Carolina Tea Party Convention in Myrtle Beach, S.C.

“You want to know the truth, who’s using it? It’s a part of my staple thing. I mean, I go crazy when I hear about this,” he added.

“They’re in one of the worst prisons in the world, and we had to do something, so I’d always talk about it.”

Iran on Saturday released four U.S. citizens, including Washington Post reporter Jason Rezaian, 39, who had been incarcerated for the last 18 months.
Tags: TrumptakescreditforIranprisonerrelease
SHARE

Unknown

  • Image
  • Image
  • Image
  • Image
  • Image

0 comments:

Post a Comment